A 3-year-old boy studying in Godekere Anganwadi Centre in Chikkanayakanahalli of Tumkuru district of Karnataka was afraid of going to school. The mother of the kid got shocked after knowing the reason behind it- the Anganwadi teacher and helper had lit a matchstick and burned the kid’s genitals and the side of his thighs. The reason for doing so was that the kid urinated in his knickers.
The teacher and helper said they found this way to teach him a lesson as he was urinating in his shots while staying at school. A complaint has been registered against them and District Child Rights Protection Unit visited the village. The officials have taken a statement from the teacher and the helper along with the victim’s parents. A notice has been issued to both the staff and they have been suspended immediately. Investigation continues.