Visakhapatnam: Three pallbearers were electrocuted death during the funeral rites of an elderly woman at Thambiganipalli village in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh on Friday. The body of the woman they were carrying to the cremation ground came in contact with a hanging high-tension electric cable.
After the death of this 65-year-old woman named Rani, her friends and relatives were carrying Rani’s body to the cremation ground, when the mishap occurred.
Out of the four pallbearers, three were electrocuted to death, one person was rescued.
The deceased were identified as Muneppa, Tirupati and Ravindran, reported The Times of India. Their bodies were seized by police and sent for post-mortem.