3-Yr-Old Boy Dies After Eating Dry Ice in Wedding Feast in Chhattisgarh

Raipur: A three-year-old boy died in Chhattisgarh after consuming dry ice at a marriage feast earlier this week.

During his visit to a wedding along with his mother at a village in Chhattisgarh’s Rajnandgaon district, the child consumed dry ice mistaking it as ice

The child identified as Khushant Sahu complained of serious complications after returning home. He was admitted to a hospital where he died during the treatment. According to police sources, the event organisers had used dry ice at the wedding ceremony to create special effects.

The child thought the dry ice to be normal ice and consumed it.

In March 2024, five persons were hospitalized when they were served dry ice instead of mouth freshener at a café in Gurugram. All of them vomited blood after having the “mouth freshener”, later found to be dry ice.

Dry ice is the condensed form of the carbon dioxide gas. It can cause cold burns and asphyxiation if consumed. It is used in the entertainment industry, for creating special effects.

You might also like

Comments are closed.