Toddler Vomits Blood, Hospitalized After Eating Expired Chocolate in Punjab

Chandigarh: An one-and-a-half-year-old girl was hospitalized on Wednesday after she vomited blood after eating expired chocolate purchased from a grocery store in Patiala in Punjab.

The child named Rabia from Ludhiana was in Patiala along with her parents to attend a wedding ceremony.

It is reported that a relative had purchased a gift pack of chocolates for Rs 300 from a grocery store located on Peeli Sadak in Adalat Bazar of Patiala on Sunday and gifted it to the child.

The child ate the chocolate after returning to Ludhiana where she was offered the chocolates. Soon after eating them, her condition deteriorated. Rabia allegedly started vomiting blood and suffered from diarrhoea.

She was admitted to Christian Medical College and Hospital as her condition worsened. Later the family found the cover of the chocolates packet that showed the chocolates and other products in the gift pack expired nearly six months ago.

A team of health officials rushed to the grocery store along with the complainant and collected the samples. The health department collected samples from the grocery store. Further action will be taken after receiving a report.

In the meantime, Rabia has been discharged from the hospital and stated to be out of danger.

You might also like

Comments are closed.