Kendrapara: A five-year-old boy was burnt to death and two houses were gutted when some vehicles of a marriage party caught fire in Odisha’s Kendrapara district on Thursday night.
This fire accident occurred at Badapada village of Pattamundai block when the fuel tanks of the vehicles were being filled up by the petrol stored in a drum.
Because of the carelessness of the people involved in the filling of petrol into the vehicle, a massive fire erupted, which engulfed two nearby houses.
The young boy died on the spot due to burn injuries. Two others sustained serious burn injuries. The marriage pandal was completely gutted.
Local police and fire brigade rushed to the spot to initiate an investigation to ascertain the reason behind the fire.
The injured were admitted to a hospital in Kendrapara.