Dhenkanal: Two brick kiln workers died because of asphyxiation at Manapur village under Dhenkanal’s Kantabania police station limits on Thursday night. Another labourer was also rescued in critical condition in the same mishap.
The labourers used to work at the brick kiln during the day and used to sleep on the kiln premises during the night.
According to reports, these three labourers from the Pallahara area of Angul district were sleeping in a closed room at Manpur brick kiln in which a diesel generator was also running. They were asphyxiated by the poisonous exhaust of the diesel generator. On Friday morning, two of them were found dead, while the third was rescued in critical condition.
The injured labourer was initially rushed to Angul district headquarters hospital. He was later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.
Police reached the spot and launched a probe into the incident.