50 Students Suffer Food Poisoning Following Dinner At Girls’ Hostel In Koraput

Koraput: Around 50 hostel borders of Kasturba Gandhi Girls Hostel in Lamtaput area of Odisha’s Koraput district became sick after having dinner on Sunday night.

According to sources, these girl students developed symptoms of diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea and stomachache after having their dinner at the hostel at around 9 pm.

After receiving information, a team of five doctors from the Lamtaput Community Health Center (CHC) rushed to the hostel to treat the ailing students. Later on, the students suffering from food poisoning were admitted to the Lamtaput CHC.

As per reports, 40 ailing girls were discharged from the hospital when their condition improved. The other ten students are still under treatment. It is alleged that poor quality of food led to their food poisoning.

A team of doctors from Koraput will visit the hostel on Monday to investigate and collect the food sample for examination.

You might also like

Comments are closed.