Couple Electrocuted to Death by Own Electric Trap in Nuapada

Nuapada: A couple reportedly died of electrocution by coming in contact with an electric trap set by themselves in the Jonk area of Odisha’s Nuapada district on Tuesday.

The deceased were identified as Rameshwar Rout and his wife Bimala Rout of Parkod village under Jonk police station limits. The couple had allegedly barricaded their agricultural field with a metal fence which was connected to high-voltage electricity. They had resorted to this to protect their crop from stray cattle and wild animals.

But the couple accidentally came in contact with the fence while working in their field. Because of the high-voltage electricity flowing through the fence, both were electrocuted to death.

You might also like

Comments are closed.