Several Taken Ill Consuming Food Packets At A Bank Meeting In Cuttack
Cuttack: Food packets for over 500 delegates allegedly caused food poisoning at the annual general body meeting hosted by the Urban Co-operative Bank in Cuttack on Tuesday.
According to reports, the meeting was held at Saheed Bhawan near the Cuttack Municipality office and over 600 shareholders of the bank joined there as delegates.
Following the meeting, the delegates were provided lunch packets consisting of veg-biryani. However, the food packets were found stale by the people present over there.
And they complained of giddiness and some of them allegedly vomited after consuming the veg-biryani. They were immediately rushed to nearby hospitals for treatment.
“I was at the meeting, and also provided the food packet there. But when I opened it it was smelling very bad. I threw it and asked no one to consume that food. The biryani was totally stale and most of the people found the same issue,” said a shareholder of Urban Co-operative Bank present at the meeting.
Meanwhile, no probe has been made and no reaction obtained from the meeting organising bank regarding this issue so far.