Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government put on alert the administrations of Mayurbhanj and Balasore amid the flood situation in the two districts as the river Subarnarekha has swelled due to heavy rain.
Hence disruption in the power supply is witnessed in these areas.
TPNODL team is fully prepared to restore the power supply at the earliest possible time. It is requested to all follow the advisory during and immediately after the flood:
- Don’t touch any electrical line network/poles/electrical panel.
- Don’t start the generator without the main supply off.
- Don’t stay/stand under the electrical network and near to pole.
- Do not step into waterlogged areas since chances of electrocution, and reptile bite.
- Never step into a flooded basement or other room if water may be in contact with electrical outlets, appliances or cords.
- Never attempt to turn off power at the breaker box if you must stand in water to do so. If you can’t reach your breaker box safely, call your electric utility to shut off the power at the meter.
- Never use electric appliances or touch electric wires, switches, or fuses when you’re wet or when you’re standing in water.
- Keep electric tools and equipment at least 10 feet away from wet surfaces. Do not use electric yard tools if it’s raining or the ground is wet.
- If an electrical appliance has been in contact with water, have a professional check it out before it is used. It may need to be repaired or replaced.
- For any power-related issues, contact our Call Centre No. 18003456718 or 1912 or any nearest electricity office.