Jumbo Dies After Coming In Contact With Live Wire Laid For Wild Boars

Sonpur: A wild elephant was found dead near Mahada village under Binika forest division after being electrocuted from a trap laid by poachers for wild boars.

According to reports, the matter came to the fore after locals spotted the carcass of the elephant and informed the police about the same.

On being informed, the officials reached the spot and recovered the carcass for post-mortem.

As per the preliminary probe, the Binika ranger confirmed that the elephant dies of electrocution after coming in contact with the 11KV live wire laid for poaching wild boars.

More details are awaited.

You might also like

Comments are closed.