Bhubaneswar: The Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha, has introduced a student-led club system in all secondary schools across the state. The clubs aim to nurture students for future-ready skills and promote a spirit of healthy competition and collaboration.
The four clubs introduced are:
- Jigyansa – Science, Nature & Culture Exploration Club
- Sahitya Srujani – Literary & Artistic Club
- Kaushali – Computing (ICT) & Social Innovation Club
- Kridangan – Sports and life skill development Club
Each club will have a pilot, co-pilot, a mentor, two class/section representatives, and student members. The mentor, nominated by the headmaster, will guide and support the students based on the club’s requirements.
The clubs will provide students with the opportunity to engage in activities that align with their passions and interests, enhancing their overall learning experience. They will also help students develop future-ready skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and teamwork.
Here are some of the benefits of the student-led club system:
- Provides students with the opportunity to explore their interests and passions
- Helps students develop future-ready skills
- Promotes a spirit of healthy competition and collaboration
- Enhances the overall learning experience