Woman and Son Die of Electrocution, Relative Critical in Odisha’s Ganjam

Ganjam: A tragic incident occurred in Odisha’s Ganjam district on Friday, resulting in the deaths of a mother and her son due to electrocution. Their relative, who bravely attempted to rescue them, sustained critical injuries.

The incident took place in Logha village, under the jurisdiction of Khallikot police station. The victims were identified as 50-year-old Nibasi Pahan and her 23-year-old son, Jitendra Pahan.

According to reports, Nibasi and Jitendra had ascended to the roof of their residence to water their plants when they accidentally came into contact with a live electrical wire. Their relative, Bhagi Pahan, who was present at the scene, rushed to their aid but was unable to save them.

Bhagya sustained severe injuries while trying to rescue Nibasi and Jitendra. He was initially rushed to the Community Health Centre (CHC) in Khallikot, but his condition worsened, and he was transferred to MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur for advanced medical care.

Upon receiving the news, a team of police officers from Khallikot rushed to Logha and initiated the necessary procedures to send the bodies for post-mortem examination.

You might also like

Comments are closed.