Keonjhar: In a tragic incident at Patana village in Keonjhar district, a young girl student lost her life after being bitten by a poisonous snake while asleep in a private hostel. The deceased has been identified as Swopna Lohar from Badapasi village. She was pursuing +2 Science at Patana College and resided in Laxmipriya mess at Patana Bazar.
Lohar, who was sleeping on the floor, fell victim to the venomous snake bite. Despite being rushed to the District Head Quarters Hospital (DHH) in Keonjhar promptly, she tragically succumbed during treatment.
This unfortunate event marks the fifth snakebite-related death reported in Odisha within the past ten days.
In another alarming incident, Dhirendra Rout and his family had a narrow escape when they discovered a cobra hiding under their bed at Kamalapur village, located in Cuttack’s Banki area. The snake was found in the morning after they had left the bed. Fortunately, the cobra was safely rescued by the snake helpline members.