New Delhi: The Indian Army has recently invited online applications for the post of Religious Teacher. Candidates from all over India can apply for this post.
Interested candidates can apply for the posts by visiting the official Indian Army’s website joinindianarmy.nic.in on or before November 6.
At regimental units/religious institutions, religious teachers will deliver sermons to the troops and carry out numerous rites. In addition to generally looking after the religious institutions and the welfare of the officers, soldiers, and their families, their duties also include attending funerals, ministering to the sick in the hospitals, reading prayers with convalescants, visiting soldiers serving time, and giving special religious instructions to children and enlisted boys.
Army Religious Teacher Recruitment 2022 details
- Pandit: 108
- Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments: 5
- Granthi: 8
- Maulvi (Sunni): 3
- Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: 1
- Padre: 2
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana) for Ladakh Scouts: 1
The candidate should have passed graduation in any discipline from a UGC recognised university.
The age bracket for civilian and in-service candidates would not be below 25 years of age and not above 36 years on October 1, 2022.
Physical Standard and Fitness Test
A candidate should have a robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having a minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, and should have a sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums. Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
Serving combatants or Remustering candidates must be in the medical category SHAPE-1. Remustering candidates will be exempted from recruiting medical examinations at the recruiting rally. A certificate indicating medical category duly signed by the Army Medical Authority where the individual is serving and countersigned by the Commanding Officer of the unit will be submitted by the candidate.
- Screening: Candidates found eligible will be issued with Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by medical examination at the respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
- Written Exam (200 Marks)
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in.
- Click on the portion “JCO / OR Apply / Login” on the home page in JCO/ OR enrolment row (green coloured).
- Fill out the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling in the details, your profile will open.
- Click on Apply Online.
- After filling out the form, click on preview and check if all the information entered by you is correct as you will not be able to make any correction after saving.
- Log in by using the e-mail id and password and take the printout of the application form any time.
- Online registration opens on October 8
- Online registration closes on November 6