Bhubaneswar: Properties worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes after a major fire broke out in a medicine godown of Odisha State Medical Corporation (OSMC) in the Mancheswar Industrial Estate area here late last night.
According to reports, the incident occurred at around 11:15 pm on Sunday night.
On being informed, firefighter personnel rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control.
The fire was so intense that it was difficult to bring it under control.
Though the exact reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, a short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire.