Minor Girl Critical After Chewing Live Firecracker in Odisha’s Keonjhar

Keonjhar: In a devastating incident today, a six-year-old girl sustained critical injuries after accidentally chewing on a live firecracker while playing in Duarasuni, under Mahuladiha police jurisdiction in Keonjhar district.

The young victim, identified as the daughter of Pakan Kududa from the local village, was playing with friends near her residence when the tragic incident unfolded. Reports suggest that she stumbled upon the live firecracker on the ground and driven by curiosity, put it into her mouth, resulting in a sudden explosion.

Locals rushed to her aid and promptly arranged for her transportation via ambulance to the sub-divisional hospital in Anandapur for urgent medical attention. However, due to the severity of her injuries, she was later transferred to the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Postgraduate Institute of Paediatrics (Sishu Bhawan) in Cuttack.

Following the incident, Police urged vigilance and caution during festivities to prevent such tragic accidents in the future.

You might also like

Comments are closed.