Railway Compartment Gutted in Fire Accident at Coaching Depot in Puri

Puri: A railway coach was severely damaged in a fire accident at the coaching depot in Odisha’s Puri on Tuesday.

According to reports, a fire broke out at the bottom of a railway coach at around 12.30 pm when the train was at the washing line for cleaning purposes.

No casualty was reported in this fire accident as no passengers were present on the train. The particular coach which caught fire was severely damaged in the blaze.

Receiving information, fire services personnel rushed to the spot to douse the flames.

The damaged coach was separated from other coaches, so the fire did not spread to other coaches. The exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained. Yet it is suspected that an electrical short circuit from the battery may have led to sparks and fire.

You might also like

Comments are closed.