16 Fall Ill After Chlorine Gas Leak at Pune Municipal Pool

Pune: Sixteen individuals fell ill due to a chlorine gas leak at a municipal swimming pool in the Kasarwadi area of Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra’s Pune district, on Tuesday morning. The leak originated from a cylinder around 9 AM, prompting immediate action from fire officials.

Efforts to contain the situation involved sealing the leaking cylinder and submerging it in the pool to facilitate the dissolution of the gas in the water. The affected area was cordoned off, and people were evacuated swiftly.

Among those affected, 16 individuals who were in the pool when the leak occurred were promptly transported to a civic-run hospital for medical attention. Notably, even some of the lifeguards present were affected by the gas.

Symptoms reported by those exposed to the chlorine gas included coughing and nausea. Fortunately, the condition of the affected individuals remains stable, according to a civic official.

You might also like

Comments are closed.