Explosive Material Sparks Fire and Blast in House in Haryana; Owner Arrested

Sonepat, Haryana: A house in Sonepat, Haryana, experienced a fire and subsequent explosion on Monday, October 30, 2023, caused by a short-circuit. Fortunately, no injuries were reported in the incident. The homeowner, Irfan, who stored explosive material (a combination of sulphur and potash) in a room, was arrested by the police.

The explosion was powerful enough to propel an iron shutter several feet away, and some items in the room, like a table and plastic chair, were damaged. Thankfully, no one was on the road at the time of the blast, which could have resulted in serious injuries.

Irfan’s family was in a different part of the house during the incident. The purpose for which he stored the explosive material remains unclear, pending further investigation.

Irfan now faces legal consequences as a case has been registered against him under Section 285 of the Indian Penal Code for negligent conduct concerning fire or combustible materials, along with charges under the Explosive Substances Act.

You might also like

Comments are closed.