Rourkela Sweet Shop Fire Claims Life Of One, Leaves Multiple Others Injured


Rourkela: A fire that started at a sweet store in the Panposh Chowk of Rourkela on Saturday resulted in one death and two injuries.

According to reports, a gas cylinder exploded at Om Sweets as confections were being prepared, resulting in a cook’s death.

Arun Kumar, a Bihar native and cook at Om Sweets, was rescued from the spot and rushed to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his wounds.

All other injured individuals are getting medical care at the same hospital.

Upon getting information, fire tenders from the Rourkela Steel Plant and Panposh Fire Station rushed to the scene and efforts to curtail and douse the fire were initiated.

Police and other relevant authorities of the shop have initiated a thorough investigation into the matter.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.