Fire Accidents Across Odisha on Diwali, Several Injured

Bhubaneswar: Fire accidents caused by firecrackers during Diwali celebrations injured several people across Odisha on Sunday evening and night.

Over 100 persons with burn injuries were brought to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar for treatment. Capital Hospital had formed a special medical team to treat burn injuries during Diwali.

In Sambalpur, a stray Diwali rocket sparked off a fire on the third floor of an apartment in Sambalpur’s Khetrajpur area. No one was injured as the flat was empty during the fire.

In Nuapada district, a house at Santoshimandirpada in the Sinapali area was burnt down following a firecracker explosion during Diwali celebrations. The house was owned by a person dealing in mattresses. The stock of cotton in the house aggravated the fire.

In Jajpur district, four persons including a woman and two children were injured by an accidental cracker explosion in Sadakpur and Byasanagar area on Sunday evening. They were admitted to the Jajpur Road Hospital for treatment.

Two houses at a slum near Dala overbridge under Byasanagar municipality caught fire by stray fireworks on Sunday evening.


You might also like

Comments are closed.