Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police is taking steps to enhance security during the Dussehra celebrations across Bhubaneswar. A total of 31 police platoons will be deployed to ensure a safe environment for the grand Durga Puja festivities at 118 different locations. This heightened security presence will cover the entire state capital from October 20 to 25.
Additional security measures include:
- Deployment of 12 Additional Deputy Commissioners of Police, 23 Assistant Commissioners of Police, 41 Inspectors, 151 Assistant Sub-Inspectors, 119 traffic constables, 70 Armed Police Reserve constables, and 207 Odisha Armed Police Force constables.
- Comprehensive CCTV surveillance across the city.
- Increased security checks and traffic restrictions, with heavy vehicles prohibited from using the main roads in the city.
- Categorized security for the various puja pandals, and joint inspections involving the Commissionerate Police and other departments.
- Control rooms set up at six locations, and a toll-free number established to verify any requests for donations related to Durga Puja.
- The Deputy Commissioner of Police for Bhubaneswar overseeing security arrangements around the clock.
Commissioner Soumendra Priyadarshi also urged residents to remain vigilant about the safety of their homes when venturing out during the Durga Puja celebrations.