Massive Fire Engulfs Garment Store in Odisha’s Nayagarh, Causing Lakhs in Damages

Nayagarh: A major fire broke out in a ready-made garment store in Odisha’s Nayagarh town on Thursday, destroying clothing worth lakhs of rupees.

According to reports, the fire erupted in the early hours of the morning, around 3 AM. Locals spotted smoke billowing from the store, located on the first floor of a market complex, and immediately alerted the fire department.

Four fire-fighting units were rushed to the scene and it took nearly four hours to bring the blaze under control.

The owner of the shop, Vikash Sharma, said that he had closed the shop at 10 PM the previous night and was shocked to receive a call about the fire at 3 AM.

When he reached the scene, he found flames engulfing the shop. He suspects that a short circuit may have caused the fire.

Fire officials said that the exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.

You might also like

Comments are closed.